DMAE or Dimethylaminoethanol is one of the most popular memory-boosting supplement. It is widely used all around the world, and available in the market under different famous brand names. DMAE is actually a complex organic chemical that passes through a series of reactions in the human body that form acetylcholine ultimately. Acetylcholine is an important chemical that is mainly found in the brain and also in other parts of the body in small quantities. It is a neurotransmitter that helps the nerve cells to communicate more dynamically. Apart from this, DMAE has many other benefits for the body. On regular use of this supplement, the user may notice significant improvement in his or her day-to-day working capacity, memory power, and physical outlook.
Mechanism in the body
Several studies have shown that DMAE works in the body by increasing the volume of the neurotransmitter called acetylcholine, which in turn plays a key role in enhancing mental ability of the user, as also preserving healthy memory in the aging adults. It is also proved that DMAE has the capacity to inhibit metabolism of choline in the peripheral tissues. This helps in accumulating free choline in the circulatory system in higher quantities, which then enters the brain and stimulates the cholinergic receptors.
Advantages of DMAE
On regular use, DMAE has the following advantages –
- DMAE increases memory. With the increasing capacity of acetylcholine, user’s ability to recall from the past learning or experience increases significantly.
- DMAE strengthens the synchronization of the two hemispheres of the brain. This leads to better neuromotor control, better performance in behavioral tasks, lesser mood swing, and increase in verbal memory.
- Research have shown that DMAE improves learning capacity of children. It is also beneficial for many visible behavioral disorders including ADHD and hyperkinesia.
- DMAE can alleviate depression and chronic fatigue, which may affect both children and adults.
- On regular use DMAE alleviates the symptoms of insomnia and personality disorder.
- DMAE is also known as ‘free-radical scavenger’. It significantly diminished the water-soluble cross-linked protein fractions. These protein fractions reside in the cortical region of the brain, and increase in volume with age. Through metabolic processes, water-soluble free radicals form these cross-linked protein fractions. DMAE specifically reverses the whole process, thereby augmenting the brain’s normal functioning.
- Tardive dyskinesia is a motor neuron disorder that causes several problems is normal movements. On regular use of DMAE, symptoms of this problem improve significantly.
- DMAE has an immense benefit for the skin too. It reverses several aging symptoms including wrinkles and fine lines. It reduces unwanted spots on the skin that are often formed due to pimples and acne. It is also helps in protecting the skin from the damaging effects of pollutants and UV lights.
Normal doses of DMAE capsules
This beneficial supplement is available online also. Instruction about the doses for regular use are provided by the seller when customers purchase DMAE here in online. According to the experts, minimum 300mg per day to maximum 1200mg per day is sufficient for normal individuals. However, when this supplement is used for a detected neurological issue, doses may vary depending on theneurological disorder and its severity.